About Neurosurgery at Children’s
Innovations in neurology and neurosurgery have greatly improved the quality of life for children with neurological conditions. The neurosurgery team at Children's is committed to the constant pursuit of better care for these children through adoption of the latest techniques, training and technology including:
- 3 Tesla MRI system
- Intra-operative MRI
- Interventional neuroradiology
- Advanced brain mapping for patients with epilepsy and brain tumors
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery techniques
Your child's surgery team
At Children's, your child's surgery is performed by a team of professionals who specialize in the unique needs of children. Because you know your child best, your child's team considers you to be a part of your child's care. Care includes the latest in neurosurgical techniques, technology, and training is managed by an interdisciplinary pain management team.
Your child's team considers you to be part of your child's care, because you know your child best.
Led by Joseph Petronio, MD, Children’s neurosurgery program has expanded capacity with the addition of pediatric neurosurgeon, Meysam Kebriaei, MD, to the team. They work collaboratively with epilepsy, critical care, oncology, neurology, and
neonatology sub-specialists to care for patients requiring neurosurgery expertise
for seizures, traumatic brain injury, hydrocephalus and brain tumors.
Neurosurgery follow up clinics are offered on our three campuses: St. Paul,
Minneapolis and Minnetonka.
Resources for families:
- Common conditions that may require neurosurgery
- Latest neurosurgical techniques, technology, and training
- Read a story about a neurosurgery patient
- Review educational materials for families facing neurosurgery
Neurosurgery is performed at the following Children's locations:
- If you are a family member looking for a Children's neurosurgeon and/or neurologist, please visit Find a Doctor.
- If you are a health professional looking for a neurosurgery consultation or referral information, please call Children's Physician Access at 1-866-755-2121 (toll-free).